Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Failed Gyozas...

Today I attempted a dinner that my ex-husbands mother used to make. It was always super delicious. They are called Gyozas. I have been wanting some for a while. So since I am on good terms with her (because she is the most amazing person ever) I sent her an e-mail requesting the recipe for awesomeness. 


Mine didn't turn out so awesome. There were so many things that went wrong that, well, it just goes to show that I should stay within my culinary limits. 


First I made the big mistake of getting egg rolls instead on won-tons. Something I didn't know: They are different sizes. Egg rolls are bigger. We got passed this little dilemma. 


But because its my life of course a new one appeared. They stuck to the pan. Why I am not sure but I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that the pan was not non-stick. So once I found a non-stick pan we were in business. Until I used far too much oil. Now I don't know if you knew this or not, probably not since I didn't tell you, but gyozas are a Japanese dish. They aren't supposed to be greasy, and yet they were. 


All in all they turned out to be good. Just a little greasy. I just need to remember next time to buy smaller wraps, use a non-stick pan, and use less grease. 


This was my first batch. I will be calling it Gyoza Casserole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment